This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data as you use our website: https://www.Drarbabi.com
By Providing us with your data you warrant to us that you are aged 16 years or over.
Esmaeil Arbabi is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Email address: Info@drarbabi.com
Postal address: 108 Carr manor View, Leeds, LS17 5AT
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at Info@drarbabi.com. Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
Information we collect
The personal data that we collect from you are: –
• Contact details: including name, email, telephone number and home/business address
• Personal details: including gender and date of birth
• Medical eye and general health data: Specific eye history, including glasses prescriptions and previous eye surgery. These are collected on our website or during your appointment (virtual or face to face appointment) to provide your treatment plan. General health conditions and allergies. These are collected to provide your treatment plan.
• Payment or credit card information: this is taken when paying for your appointment or surgery. We use a secure card processing terminal and a secure online payment portal to process payments and we don’t keep your card details in our system
• When interacting with our Sites, data is automatically collected and shared with The Company by the technology platforms providing the experience. For example, your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with The Company as those devices interact with our Sites.
• Sensitive data: including race and ethnicity. We collect this information as some eye conditions are more common in certain ethnicities such as Keratoconus; this data is taken at the stage of an individual becoming a patient.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and Marketing purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
How we collect your personal data:
We may collect data through various means:
• You are providing the data directly for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails
• We may receive data from third parties such providers of technical, payment and delivery services, data brokers or aggregators and analytics providers such as Google, Facebook or other analytical or advertising companies or networks based inside or outside the EU
• We may also receive data from publicly available sources
How we use your personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
• We collect your personal data to provide service(s) related to your medical care (vision related) and to ensure that we provide relevant ongoing care
• We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation to the General Medical Council, for business accounting and tax purposes
• We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to your ongoing medical care. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests to grow our business. Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications if (1) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (2) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us on Info@drarbabi.com at any time. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Your Legal Rights:
Data Protection laws give individuals rights in respect of the personal information that we hold about you. These are:
1. To be informed why, where and how we use your information.
2. To ask for access to your information.
3. To ask for information to be correct if inaccurate or incomplete.
4. To ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it.
5. To ask us to restrict the use of your information.
6. To ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information.
7. To object to how your information is used.
8. To challenge any decision without human intervention (automated decision making).
You can read more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at Info@drarbabi.com;.
We do not charge you a fee if you want to access your personal data or you want to exercise any of the other rights unless if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Before we release any data we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity, ensuring your right to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. This security measure ensures that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Third-Party links and websites
This website may include links, plug-ins and applications to third parties. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect data or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you enter or use these websites, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website you visit.